Tuesday 6 July 2010

Getting wet in Poland & What I'm reading


Sunday night saw a read through for my latest actig project. I'll be playing Pericles in the play Pericles by Wiliiam Shakespeare. This will be happening in the Gdansk Shakespeare Festival, whom some of you may remember I played Ariel in the Tempest last year.

Let me give you a few vague details that came out of the read through.


  • I have to learn some Polish

  • There are 10 venues in the one play

  • I have to sail up a river

  • There could be a cast of 100 people

  • Someone mentioned a fire engine

  • Pericles talks a lot

That's all I can say right now, but if you wanna see how things turn out, then keep an eye on the blog.

In other news

What I've just read: The Hugo nominated graphic novel Girl Genius Vol 9: Agatha Heterodyne and the Heirs of the Storm. Volume 8 of this series was nominated last year and this was a big surprise to me. I'd never heard of it and neither had anyone else I know. Not that that is a good reason to not be nominated. That being said I still didn't understand it's place in the Hugo's or care for it that much. This year I've found that it's really grown on me and I'm not as harsh on it as I was but I still don't understand why it's here. The art is interesting, the story is very intersting and in terms of length I think this collected web series will be good value for money; but considering it's length and the fact that there is a lot of activity the story is only inched forward, I found this to be true of vol 8 as well. also there are far too many characters for a newcomer to keep track of. it may not seem like it but I enjoyed this although I think it is very flawed.

What I'm reading now: The Hugo nominated " The City and The City " by China Mievile.


The body of a murdered woman - just another case for Inspector Borlu of the Extreme Crime Squad; until his investigations puts him and those he cares for in danger. Borlu must travel to the only metropolis on Earth as strange as his own, across a border like no other.


Enjoying it so far, a truly unique work.




The 4- Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss

On a journey to be more efficient and create more time by working cleverly as oppossed to working more and have more time to do the things you want. I'm not finished yet and already have noticed a difference in my working habits.

Anyway must go - lines to learn

No comments: